Using the application for the first time
1. Insert the Lexar Flash drive into your PC or Mac; The Lexar – EncryptStick Registration page appears. Encrypt Stick will automatically startup. If it doesn’t, browse to the flash drive and double click encryptstick.exe (for PC) or encryptstick.app (for Mac) to get started.
2. Enter your email address for update notifications (optional).
3. Click OK; The password creation screen will appear.
4. Enter a password in the ‘Create your password’ field. The password entered will be used to protect your private files. The strength of your password will be determined by the criteria you select.
5. Enter the same password again in the ‘Confirm your password’ field. If you are unable to click OK, it means that your password does not comply with those criteria settings shown in red. You can either change your password to match the strength criteria (recommended) or uncheck the option (not recommended).
Operating within the Program
Double Click on the vault icon in the upper pane to open the vault and add folders and files.
Creating a New Folder Click on the new Folder(+) icon on the Menu bar and name the new folder.
Adding Files to your Vault folders
Open the appropriate folder in the vault
Click on the add file(s) icon on the menu bar A window pops up showing all the drives and folders on your computer
Click on the file you wish to encrypt Click on the “Encrypt” button to add the file to the vault folder
Locking your Vault
Click on the lock icon to lock your vault; this will return you to the login screen, where you can enter your password for quick re-entry to the program
Closing the EncryptStick Program
Click on the X button to exit the program completely; this will automatically lock your vault.
Ejecting/Unmounting the Drive
To ensure the integrity of the data on the flash drive, it is recommended that you use the usual Windows or Mac commands to eject or unmount the drive before removing it from the USB port.
Continuing to Use the EncryptStick Lite Application
Insert your Lexar drive; Enter your password on the login screen to unlock your vault and run the program. If you are concerned about intruders, for even greater security, enter your password using the Virtual Keyboard.